Tickets & Specials
2024 Altamont Fair
August 13 - 18, 2024
Admission includes ground entrance, attractions, parking, music, and The Royal Hanneford Circus!
Fair Gate Admission
Live Shows & Entertainment is FREE with Admission!
On Tuesday, Guests under 36" tall are admitted free.
Guests 36" & up are $5. Buy online or at the gate.
Rides not included with admission.
Rides not included with admission.
Gate admission for patrons 11 years and older. Rides not included with admission.
Carnival Ride Pricing
When You Purchase at the Fair
Valid daily from open to close.
Price per person, per day, separate gate admission required. Please note, riders must be at least 36" tall for an unlimited ride wristband. See our policies for more information.
1 Ticket: $1.50
20 Tickets: $30
50 tickets (includes 1 free ride): $60
rides take multiple tickets, separate gate admission required.
Fair Daily Specials
Opening Day Special (Tuesday, August 15)
- All patrons 36” tall and over are admitted for just $5, does not include rides
- Kids under 36" tall are admitted for FREE
- Unlimited ride wristbands are just $25, does not include gate admission
Special FREE admissions on Wednesday, August 16 for Seniors, Military & Grange!
- Senior Citizens (Age 65 and up) Free Admission with ID Wednesday all day!
- Grange Members Free Admission with ID Wednesday all day!
- Armed Services Day Free Admission with ID Wednesday all day! (Active Military & Veterans)
Admission Policies & Procedures
- Gate admission does not include rides.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover at all gates.
- We accept the New York State Association of Agricultural Fairs, Inc. pass. This pass includes admission, parking, shows and entertainment - this pass does not include rides.
- ATM -There are four ATM machines available on the Fairgrounds: Gate 2, Main Line Tap Room, Grandstand, Hometown Heroes.
- Smoking is prohibited in any Fairground building. There are four designated smoking areas:Gate 3, Infield behind the Circus Museum, Kiddieland near Archery, The Barnyard.
- First Aid Station is at Gate 4 near Main Line Tap Room.
- Baby Changing Stations are located in the restrooms, both Men and Women.
- Breast Feeding Stations are located at the Reid Northrup Stage and 4-H at Gate 1.
- Lost & Found items will be brought to the Administration Bldg, at 7pm goes to the Communications Office.
- All emergency concerns should be directed to security or fairground personnel.Security personnel is on duty 24 hours a day during the Fair, both on the grounds and at Gate 2.
- NO Pets allowed on the Fairgrounds at any time.
- Service Dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for persons with disabilities, will be admitted. All service dogs MUST HAVE PROOF of rabies vaccination to enter the grounds.
- DO NOT leave your dog in the car. Any dog left in a vehicle will be turned over to the local authorities/dog warden at the expense of the owner.
Helpful Tips to make your Altamont Fair experience more fun!
- Make a plan of where to meet on the fairgrounds in case you are split up.
- Make note of where you came in - all the gates are numbered.
- Make sure to bring medications with you in case of an emergency.
- Bring a stroller/wagon for the kids - there is a lot of ground to cover!
- Bring sunscreen and apply often!
- Lost child - Talk to your children about what to do if they get lost. All fair staff have been trained to assist. Make sure you have a recent picture of your child. We recommend taking a picture at the gate you entered in. Your child should go to a person with a name badge within a building, at any of the five gates or a person in a security uniform.
- If you have a large party, be sure to designate a time and place to meet if you are separated.
- Open toed shoes, sandals and flip-flops are not allowed on many of the rides.
- Saving the midway for last. If you use Gate 5 off of Altamont-Voorheesville Rd, take a right as you enter the fairgrounds. This will take you in a counter clockwise direction around the entire fairgrounds, saving the rides until last.
Dreamland Amusements is your ticket to family fun, and we want you to enjoy your visit. A few policies to know:
- Every rider must have a ride ticket or an Unlimited Ride Wristband to be on a ride.
- Riders must be 36” or taller to receive an Unlimited Ride Wristband. Ride Heights vary- some require an adult rider with child.
- Riders must be 36” or taller for many rides. Check “our rides” for heights and ticket requirements. We usually offer 2-3 rides for younger kids at 30” or taller.
- To redeem a coupon it must be printed on paper.
- One coupon per wristband or 50 ticket ride sheet.
- Open toed sandals, flip flops , or other open shoes with toes exposed are not permitted on patron Riders. This is to keep your feet safe from injury.
- The Online sale, if offered, is a non refundable sale — all sales are final and sold online only.
- There is no rain check for weather.
- On-site & online pricing are subject to change at anytime by management.
- Daily closing times are subject to change usually based on crowd size and weather.
- By entering our events and by your presence there, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the production.
- You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering our events
- If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the events.
- Parents of young children – please make sure that you strap your child in seat if they need assistance. Ride operator will check that the child is secured properly.
- All backpacks and coolers are subject to inspection.
- No pets (except for service dogs)
- No bicycles, skateboards or scooters.
- No firearms or weapons.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought into the fairgrounds or the parking lots.
- No smoking inside of barns, buildings or museums.
- No distribution or display of political materials or other unsolicited literature.
- No Drones on the Fairgrounds